Software Engineer: Backend
🚀 About us
We’re a team of locals who decided to change the way money is used in Latin America. People want fast, easy, and safe access to their money anytime and anywhere - so we built Flint, the first app to seamlessly do this in the region.
We’re backed by key local players, as well as the top investors and advisors from Silicon Valley. More than anything, our team is our strongest asset. We’ve assembled an A-list group of highly accomplished and driven individuals with education from universities like Stanford, and experience at companies like Apple to get this done.
😎 About you
You’re excited by a future with 100% digital money, and are willing to work hard to make that a reality. Regardless of whether you have formal programming education or are self-taught, you’re top notch at what you do. You’re not afraid of taking on new challenges and learning as you go. Beyond your technical abilities, you work well in teams, hold high ethical standards, and value a great customer experience above all.
🎯 Your mission, should you choose to accept it
At the heart of all our products, is our Nucleus platform. We’re looking for a kickass back-end programmer to help us continue to build reliable and scalable systems in an extremely fast paced environment. You’ll be working in weekly releases with the Product and Engineering team to build the internal and external APIs that our mobile and web apps run on.
📋 What you need
- Proficient in English and Spanish.
- Live or be willing to move to Mexico City - this is not a remote position
- Proficient in Python, Ruby, Java, or PHP.
- Expertise with a web framework (relevant: Django, Ruby on Rails, Node).
- Advanced knowledge of REST paradigm, HTTP protocol, SSL.
- Comfortable with test-driven development.
- Experience managing SQL databases at scale.
- Experience with UNIX operating systems, particularly Ubuntu at scale.
- Experience with git-based projects and version control.
- Experience with Python + Django
- Experience with Django REST framework
- Experiene with Postgresql
- Experience with ML algorithms in Python
- Experience with cybersecurity (Firewalls, at-rest and transit encryption, security audits, …
- A chance to impact millions
- Stock Plan; own a piece of the pie
- Above market salary
- Free lunch on weekdays in the office
- Education budget for courses, conferences, and books
- Cell phone plan and computer equipment